We currently collect and process the following information:
- Name, date of birth, contact details (telephone number and email addresses)
- Photo Identification
- Personal Unique Tax Reference
- National Insurance Numbers
- Client financial information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for on of the following reasons:
- So that we can act as your accountant
- In order to satisfy the Anti-Money Laundering laws (POCA Act 2002)
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- HMRC – As your Agent we will be notified of any issues arising by HMRC
We use the information that you have given us in order to act as your Accountant.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
Your information is securely stored on our database (Accountancy Manager) and password accessible files.
We keep all your personal details for the full time that you are a client of ours and if you become an ex client.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have the rights, including:
- Your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you , in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01724 786112 or 1 – 3 Laneham Street, Scunthorpe, DN15 6LJ if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113